Transmission Repair in Pensacola
East Hill Automotive Center provides expert transmission repair and transmission maintenance at both of our Pensacola FL locations. At East Hill Automotive Center, we know transmissions. If your transmission isn’t shifting or engaging properly, or if your transmission is due for its fluid change, bring it to the transmission repair specialists at East Hill Automotive Center. With decades of combined experience, we perform reliable transmission repairs at an affordable price while providing exemplary customer service. We are a AAA Approved repair facility and our mechanics are ASE Certified, so you know you’re getting the best Pensacola transmission repair there is to offer.
Why Choose Us For Your Pensacola Transmission Repair?
2-Year Warranty on Parts and Labor
That’s right. We offer a 2-year warranty on all our parts and labor. If something goes wrong with your transmission repair in those first two years, we want to make sure we correct the issue and get you back on your way.
Experienced and Professional Technicians
Our technicians are ASE-Certified and have experience repairing and replacing transmissions in domestic, Asian, and European makes. We can accurately and efficiently diagnose and perform your transmission repair without the guesswork you might get elsewhere. We repair:
- Automatic Transmissions
- Manual Transmissions
- Semi-automatic Transmissions
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
Thorough Drivetrain Inspections and Overviews
We perform a complete inspection on every transmission concern including a visual and mechanical inspection, a road test, and a computerized scan to check for fault codes. We will identify the exact cause of your transmission concern and relay that information to you. Whether you need a transmission service or a complete overhaul, you can trust that you’ll get an honest, open explanation of the issue.
Repairs Performed with Quality Parts
Your transmission repair always receives Original Equipment or factory-approved aftermarket parts and fluids to ensure a long-lasting repair.
CALL TODAY TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
What Is A Transmission Flush?
A transmission flush usually involves connecting your transmission to a professional grade machine to completely flush the transmission fluid out of your vehicle. Running solution through the lines until they come out clean, it then fills your system with new fluid.
A transmission fluid change, on the other hand, simply drains the fluid with gravity. A change usually does not drain all of the fluid but does allow you to replace most of the old with fresh transmission fluid. Both services are helpful and can extend the life of your transmission.
How Do I Know If I Need A Transmission Flush?
There may be times when you need to get a transmission flush, in order to help protect your car’s transmission. Look for any of the following signs:
- Transmission Grinding or Strange Noises - If you notice your transmission grinding or making strange sounds, you should stop the vehicle and check the transmission fluid level while the engine is still running. Ensure that the transmission fluid color is bright red and not brown or black because of grime or sludge. If the fluid level of the transmission is acceptable, your vehicle probably needs a transmission flush.
- Problems Shifting Gears - A transmission that contains too much dirt or sludge will cause sluggish response in the transmission which will result in your vehicle changing gears too quickly or too late while driving. In manual transmission vehicles, you may find it very hard to change gears at all.
- Slipping Gears - A dirty transmission may cause a lack of hydraulic power, much the same as not having enough transmission fluid will cause. In order to stay in the appropriate gear, the transmission must develop enough pressure.
- Surging of the Vehicle - This is caused by inconsistent flow of clean transmission fluid that is needed to ensure smooth operation of the gears and other moving parts inside the transmission bell housing.
- Delay in Vehicle Movement - Another sign that your vehicle may have contaminated transmission fluid is when the vehicle stalls for one or two seconds before moving after having been put in gear. If there are no other problems with the transmission, a transmission flush may help.
You should be aware that if the vehicle is displaying these symptoms, your dirty transmission may have already caused bigger problems. If your car is displaying any of these symptoms or having other transmission issues, call us at 850-433-0639 (12th Ave) or 850-479-9009 (Brent) to schedule your Pensacola transmission flush.